ABOUT OUR 5-DAY ADVENTURE
- From your hotel in Panama City, our designated driver will transfer you to Allbrook Airport. The flight to Bocas del Toro is about an hour.
- In Bocas, you will be transferred to your hotel for check-in, after which you take a short 300m walk to Bocas Kayak Fishing’s home dock.
- We will make you feel at home, spend time on orientation, give information about our fishery, talk weather, and general boat/kayak safety. Equipment and tackle are prepared for the next day.
- The rest of the afternoon is yours to explore the town and surrounds.
- Up early for your stroll to Home Dock, where fresh coffee and breakfast snacks will be waiting.
- The mothership departs about 45 minutes before sunrise, to have the first kayak on the water before sunrise.
- Throughout the day, the mothership discreetly tracks the anglers and is available to assist with any need.
- We pack a handsome picnic lunch that can be enjoyed on the kayak, or while taking a break on the mothership.
- Back at Home Dock, an ice-cold local beer will be waiting.
We are flexible to ensure you enjoy an awesome adventure. If the weather misbehaves, we can adjust our normal time schedule. Having said that, it is always safety first and any change in plans will be discussed with the group.
- After breakfast you will be transferred to Bocas International Airport for your flight back to Panama City. Our designated driver will transfer you from Allbrook Airport to your hotel.
Want to travel light or without worrying about your rods? You can rent rods from us!
Rent one or rent all, the cost is $40 per rod for the adventure. We use tried and tested brands with enough backbone to tame a Tarpon. When you book, we will discuss the detailed specs as well as pairing suggestions.
Clients are of course more than welcome to bring their own rods.
Fly fishermen are most welcome but since all our in-house rods are spinning rods, they need to bring their own.
Reels, lines and terminal tackle
Clients bring their own reels, lines, leader lines and terminal tackle.
We will supply you with a list of suggestions to give you the best chance of success.
We carry a small but specific assortment of tackle suited to our local fishery. You can buy our selection of line, leader line, lures and hooks from our in-house tackle shop.
Our 2021 season prices:
For individual bookings, the price is $1,665 per person.
But if you co-op a few friends and make a group booking, the price per person reduces as follows:
Group size Price per person
1 person $1,665
2 people $1,255
3 people $1,125
4 people $1,070
A 50% non-refundable deposit secures your spot, the balance is payable 30 days before arrival.
Once you have paid your deposit, we will send you a list of what to pack for your adventure. It will contain tips about clothing and suggestions about equipment and terminal tackle to give you the best chance of success.
No bunking or sharing a bathroom! After a long day’s kayak fishing, you deserve luxury accommodation.
Our clients are booked into Divers Paradise Hotel, a short 300m walk from Bocas Kayak Fishing’s home dock.
The hotel is built over the Caribbean with magnificent, panoramic views. Key features of the rooms include a balcony, air conditioning, private bathroom, room safes, ceiling fans, free wi-fi and a wake-up service.
The hotel has one of the best restaurants in town, the popular Pier 19 Bar & Restaurant.
*Divers Paradise Hotel is our preferred supplier. In the unlikely event that we are unable to secure accommodation, we will use a different but accredited hotel in the immediate vicinity.
We accept a maximum of 4 anglers per adventure. The two seasons run from March to June, and from August to December. Check the Availability Calendar for a time that suits you.